Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Full body Exam.....

So I went to the OB today to get the lovely full body exam. I am now 17 weeks along. She went to put the sonogram thing on my belly to listen for the heart rate, and she couldn't find it. It was about 10 minutes of trying to find it with no luck. She then put more gue on my belly it an attempt to try again. So she tried a little lower this time on my belly and found it after a while. The heart beat is still strong at 150bpm and she said that the baby was sitting WAY lower then it was supposed to be, which makes HER think that it's a boy. )-: ahhh dang. I'm not taking anything from her till I see a little thing in a picture..... But the heart rate is strong and that's a good thing, makes me feel a little better about it still being there and still being healthy!!! I was having some doubts that it was still there, or that is was still growing well, or that it was even still alive, (I know, pre-mother jitters, but we all think this way at least once when we are pregnant) but it was nice to hear that and the baby is still there!!!

Other then that I'm doing ok, I've officially (for a week now) have gained ONE pound. I'm eating well and I pretty much don't eat any crap foods. I eat alot of fruit, veggies, and cheese. I'm still kinda turned off to the whole meat thing like Steaks and chicken, pork, stuff like that, so I'm trying to get protein in other ways. I haven't really had any bizarre cravings lately, but I will say that a rootbeer float is sounding more magnificant that life itself. And this has been going on for about 1 week now, and now that I got the ok from the Doc that I can have soft serve ice cream... I see rootbeer floats in the VERY near future for me!!!! Anyways, the pants are tight and I'm using the rubberband trick and it works well, along with the one good maternity pants that I have. I have to wear longer shirts now to cover the top of my pants and this little belly that's forming. Here's a picture, it's now a week old, but here it is anyways....

Baby is starting to show through this thing a little. Some days I feel a whole lot bigger and some days I feel small. I'm not sleeping well these days. In fact 2 nights ago the peeing in the middle of the night started. I got up 4 times the previous night, and last night it was only once. I now sleep in a "cacoon" where I have a body pillow on each side of me and I try to "cuddle" with those all night so try to stay off my back. It's tough sometimes being pregnant but the end result is always worth it!!!

More to come next week when we meet with the genetic counselor for the update on that stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh! That is exactly what my midwife said before I knew I was having a boy.. she was like "Jeez, this little one's a low rider. So I'm guessing a boy."

aaaaaand she was right, obviously.

Kelsey said...

I had root beer float cravings all the time when I was pregnant! I even have a post on my blog somewhere dedicated to it.

Christina Johnson said...

You know how high I carried Luke! Even after the money shot ultra sound my Grandma still thought it had to be a mistake because boys are never that high...
We should meet up at A&W in Kent for floats!!!