Tuesday, November 18, 2008

2 Year Mark...

So Devin rolls over at 12:01 this morning because the alarm on his phone goes off, and says "Happy 2 year anniversary hunny". I said "WHAT?" We had our first date 2 years ago today. I can't beleive that it's only been 2 years. It feels like we have been together for a lifetime, which I think is a good thing! So 2 years ago today, we met for early dinner in Des Moines to my favorite sushi place, Sushi Saki. We had a really great time. We ordered some pieces that were large and the only way to eat them was to shove them into your mouth and cover your mouth with your hand. Well he thought it was pretty funny so he took video of it on his phone. You would think that I would be embarrased about it at the time, but I was laughing and it just felt so right. After that we went to the movies, and he had to talk to me into "James Bond". I'm not a fan of the Bond movies, in fact sometimes I think they are dumb, but I thought I would try something new. So we went and it is the new Bond guy and I actually really liked the movie. So tonight we were going to go do our ritual (go eat sushi and then go to the NEW Bond movie), but I'm going to the church with Annalisa and help the ladies quilt. They are trying to get 10 quilts done tonight to donate to the DI by Thanksgiving. So I'm giving up my date night to go do this, and then tomorrow night we are going to go to our Date night.

I was looking through some photos from when we first started dating and I thought that I would share them:
This is officially the first pitcure that we ever taken of us. Probably about 3 weeks after we started dating. I never realized how much shorter I was then him until I saw this picture. Then I decided that I loved having a tall man. I get to still wear 4inch heals and he's still way taller then me. I think that's my favorite thing about him, is his tallness!This was taken in my room at Valeries house (my brother in law's mommy). He was trying to act so tough for the camera. It looks like "umm, why you taking a picture of me, this is so dumb"
This was taken in the Starbucks in DownTown Bellevue when we first started dating. I got him that sweat shirt for our first christmas, I caught him off guard. (-:
This is a day in January when we bought his bike. We bought it and he had never even been on a bike before. But since I had one he thought he should need one too. I ended up riding it home from RMC to store it in the garage until I could teach him how to ride. It was a cold day and the bike was too big for me.

This was taken at a work event the first time that we had to get all dressed up. We had thought it was a good idea to "frost" Devin's hair, and it looks like it actually came out orange. Yeah... that's all I can say about that picture.

So over the last 2 years life has changed quite a bit. We have not only gotten married, we bought a house, we remodeled our house, we bought a cat together and then lost a cat together, got another kitten, added a puppy to our family, and have lost a parent. Life so far as thrown us curve balls but indeed we can still knock those balls out of the park. Still going Strong after 2 small years!!! I love you Hubby!

4 comments:

Annalisa and Jacob said...

You guys are so cute!! Way to remember Devin! Thanks again for coming with me to quilt last night. I swear you did more than most of the ladies there! I feel bad that you missed your "two year" anniversary! Tell Devin he's awesome to share you with me! Thanks again, it was much appreciated!

Christina Johnson said...

Aw, Congrats!

crazy lady said...

Congratulations! You two are very cute together! It's so cool that you're so comfortable together and enjoy so many things and are willing to try new stuff.
Here's to MANY more years of bliss.
I LOVE the new Bond. I've not been a fan of any except ole Sean. The new guy is not a nancy pants, tough and gritty....yeah...
I'm so sorry about your dad. I've been meaning to write a card - obviously haven't done it yet.But, I have been thinking about you...

the sheldons said...

Devin gets extra kudos in my book for being so sweet to set his alarm for 12:01AM and wish you happy anniversary! What a rockin husband!