Saturday, November 22, 2008

Huntin' Me

Ok, so we went out 2 nights ago and bought me my CAMO gear. SOOO exciting!!! Got home and tried it all on with the shotgun and the dog. It was fun!!! So we got up early this morning made our coffee got our so un-healthy McDonalds breakfast and hit the roaad. The hunting test was in shelton which is 1hour and 30 minutes away. The class started at 10am which isn't that early but we left the house by 8am. we got there and there was an automatic test when you walk inm the door. It's a 15 question test and if you miss more then 3, you fail the class and that's it. Well let me back up here for a sceond and tell my side of the story.....

So Devin and I decided to take the online hunter safety class/test. The test is $15 and it's 75 questions long. You have to get a 80% correct to get the online hunter certificate. So I took the test "with Devin's help" and we got 97%, so we cheated a little, but don't tell. anyways, so ALL week long I took the practice test 2 times a day everyday just so i made sure that I knew all the material for the class. so I was getting 97-99% every time I took that test BY MY SELF. I was feeling VERY confident in my ability of gun safety and gerneral knowledge of hunting. I was flying high.....
So back to this morning.... We walk in the door ready to take this test, well there were too many people in the class so instead of taking that test right away the instructor decided to talk to us about all the guns and tell his little stories, IN WHICH I listened to very intently because the instructor is never wrong about anything. So after the guns we took the test and I FAIL... the stupid questions on the test were questions that I NEVER saw on the online tests. Weird, plus there were 3 questions that I missed just because i listened to his stories and I thought they were right from what he said, GGGRRRRR. I got 6 wrong out of 15. DANG, I was feeling very discouraged. Kinda hoping that Devin might fail so I wouldn't look so bad and we would go home together. Nope, devin passed and now what? So I told him that I would either wait in the car 6 hours or I would come back for him later on. Well he decided that he didn't want to do that class with out me so we left. Now we have a few options. We can get a deferral license for $20 and we can go hunting with someone that has had there WA hunting license for the last 3 years. Then next March we can take the whole class and get our own licenses. I'm very discouragedd but at least we might be able to still go duck hunting this year. Uncle Gary has already started looking for places to go with us. We might go out to Chelan to met them out there this next weekend to go Quail hunting. Should be fun! anyways, with out further ado my hunting gear......

3 comments:

Annalisa and Jacob said...

Lookin' good Chelsey!! Sorry about the hunting class! What a bummer!

crazy lady said...

Wow! you make hunting look very stylish! Sorry about the test. That's really frustrating. Hope you have a good time with your uncle Gary. I remember him from waaaayyy back in the day :0)

the sheldons said...

Bummer about the hunting class but you make camo look GOOD!

(To the tune of Bringin' Sexy Back)
You're bringin' camo back,
You're bringin camo back...

Shake it sistah!