Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Doing OK

(This is Tatum's Urn. We keep it on the fire place mantel with my dad's urn)
So, we are doing ok. Father's day was a little hard (especially because we lost Tatum a few weeks ago and my dad passed this last October), but we started doing some projects around the house and just worked together. We made it through the day together!!!

My milk I think has finally cleared up and is gone, and I have started missing my old boobs, and old body. I have lost half my baby weight, and I still have 4lbs to go. We are walking everyday with the dog (and I'm talking LONG walks, either 1 mile, or 1 hour) and I started back on weight watchers again. I hate the feeling when you start because you feel hungry ALL the time, and boy do I feel hungry. It makes me want to eat much much more then I did while I was even pregnant, that and since I know i'm not supposed to have cookies, it makes me want them more. But i'm hanging in there and not giving in, at least not every night. I want to get back down to my pre-baby weight. I can fit back into my normal jeans (some of them are a little tight, but I can button them and wear them all day). Physically I'm feeling great, just emotionally once in a while I'll get a little sadness. We went down to a street Fair in Puyallup this last weekend and there were pregnant ladies everywhere, and that made me sad. I know that we will get another chance again, but it's sad for the one that you lost. I love the fact that we got to see her and hold her, and we have a few pictures from the photographers (Now I lay Me Down To Sleep) and I love those even more. It helps the healing process for me to have these beautiful photos of Tatum for us to keep. I printed out one of them so far and it's in a frame in her room. It's precious and beautiful! I feel so lucky to have that!

July 7th is our check up appt. At that appt we should be getting back my blood results and the placenta results. We are hoping that it all can give us some insight to what happend, but most of all if we are ok to reproduce and try again with out the fear that the placenta will fail again (we are pretty sure it was the placenta). We would like some good news after all the bad news. If we can figure out the finacials again I think we will end up trying again in 3 some months.

Devin has a test today for a new career path (I'm not allowed to say what it is yet). I know that he will pass this test, and when he does he will probably start this new direction within 4 months. At that point he will be a lot happier with his job and hopefully be ok with me getting the new career that I want (stay at home mommy).

That's about it for what's been happening with us. We are just hanging in there and loving on eachother more and more. Life is still turning around and we are turning with it, we are just trying to get back to a normal life, with the normal every day happenings! Don't be afraid to talk to us, we really are doing OK!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must tell me how his test went! I saw what it was for on myspace, that's exciting!!!

crazy lady said...

Sounds like you are working through things and taking care of yourself as you deal with your emotions. Hope the career thing works out - whatever it may be! :0)