Monday, October 26, 2009

WOW, it's been a while

So I've realized it's been a while since I've blogged, it was getting to the point where it felt like no one actually is reading these things so I didn't care. Alot has happend since August. We celebrated our 2 years wedding anniversary on September 29th. We went on a hot air Balloon ride to celebrate. It was amazing, and totally worth the time and Money spent. We started meeting at a Winery in Woodinville where we met the 2 vans and all the poeple. We then got into the vans and drove to a location in Maltby. We all got out and they filled a balloon with helium to watch it go up so they can see which way the winds were going. when they decided that it went too far West we drove over East more and found a spot by a church in a huge open field.
(This was the end of our ride after we landed)

This is us at the Winery waiting for the Vans to come.

These are the 2 vans parking at the Winery. Everything they need was on that traiolr.


This is our "pilot" at the fields when they started taking in all off the trailor to set it up.


And I was SOOO excited!!!



They hooked the balloon up to the basket and put fans on each side to inflate it a little so they could get all the twine and ropes un crossed.


Looking inside was Awesome looking!


This is the top where they had to secure all the strands.


And my cutie hubby posing as they started to raise the balloon up.


To catch a moment in time together!



This is when we took off. It was really cool how they did it. They hooked a long rope to the front of the van, and connected it to the bottom on the basket. They then made the fire with the propane as it started to lift up. When we were lifting up enough off the ground, they then unhooked us and away we went!


This was our trail balloon. It was REALLY cool being able to see them lift up after us, and it was fun watching them behind us since you can't see yourself.


This is the veiw looking up the middle of the balloon. It was such a pretty day and it was about 65 out, but with this flame, it kept me nice and toasty in my tank top.
This is a lake that used to be open to hunters coming out to duck hunt. Since they closed that down, it is now a private lake that people live on. The Pilots do touch and go's on this lake when the wind is just right. We didn't quite get all the way down to the lake, but we got pretty close.


This is a veiw from the balloon over looking to Seattle. If you look close enough you can see the space needle and keep in mind, we were in Woodinville. That's such a beautiful view.


This is our follow balloon, you can see how close they came to the lake. It was amazing.


Oh my hubby. He was SOO nervous to do this, and by his kind graces he knew I wanted to so bad, he sacrificed him being scared to take me. However, once we got off the ground about 100feet, he was no longer scared! What a trooped, I love him!


And us! Yeah!



Our pilot talking away! At one point he offered us an in flight cocktail, which turned out to be a bottle of water. It was a tiny bottle too. The only thing he asked we that we keep the bottle inside the basket. Hmmm, I wonder why?


This is a view of a Winery that we flew over, and a veiw also looking straight down! It was magical!

This was the other balloon landing in the field after us. It was so cool watching it come down over the power lines and everything. It was an amazing trip and we will always remember it! hmmm, I love you hubby. <3>

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

I read your blog! I just don't leave comments as much as I used to. And I still suck at leaving comments, so I'm going to stop.

Brittany said...

Sometimes I feel like no one reads my blog either so I don't know why I bother updating it, but I read yours! And happy anniversary, that balloon ride looks way scary! But fun.

Christina Johnson said...

Love the pictures! You're so brave, I'm so not the one to try that!

crazy lady said...

That looks lie a good time indeed! I've been skydiving, but never in a hot air balloon. I think I need to put that on my bucket list after your description.Congrats on the anniversary and best wishes on many, many more to come. You two are too cute!