Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sky Lights....

So a few weekends ago Devin and Daddy Trowbridge cut holes in the kitchen and the roof. Devin thought it would be a great idea if we could get some natural light into our kitchen since it's dark on the back side of the house. I was frightened...... But I agreed as long as Daddy Trowbridge was there to over see and help. (they did this at there house years ago together, so I knew if there were 2 of them it should go smoothly). So he came down on his Saturday when the weather was going to be ok for the day, and started the cutting process. Me being nervous, I tried to keep busy outside doing yard work. I came in every once in a while to take some pics and make sure they wern't going to screw it up or let it leak. And this is how it went!!!


So here is Pop's getting prepared to climb the tree to get to the roof. Kitchen before the skylights, as you can see it's pretty dark in there with no lights on.















Here is the first hole going from the kitchen to the roof. It was a little freaky since you could see into the attic, and it's nasty in there.











Here is Devin half in the kitchen, half on the roof.


















A better picture from the kitchen looking up when they framed it in. thoes kids are so smart!!!!












OK!!!! The finished product! It lets in SOOO much light that you don't even need to turn the lights on in the morning! I am so happy with the end result and I shouldn't have doubted them at all on there skill. The neighbor even hired Devin to do his even before he offered his services!! Way to go guys, and thanks for the hard work! It really turned out well!!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Wow! What a difference! Maybe that's what I need for my super dark living area...

Christina Johnson said...

Way cool!

the sheldons said...

DANG! That made a HUGE difference! I love it!