Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Time...

So we had a most Excellent Christmas. Time with family is the best time there is, and just seeing people's reaction when they open that perfect gift from you. We feel so blessed this Christmas Season, except on christmas eve and our little convertable broke down in Tukwilla while Devin and Lance were finishing there Christmas shopping. They were in the middle of an intersection and they had to have a cop push them out. Then they "limped" it back here to my work. It turned out to be the alternator. So Devin bought one, put it in the front seat and parked it in our warehouse. On Friday morning we drove down to work to install the new part. Got all ready to tackle the project, and Devin forgot the keys. WOW, so we had to drive all the way back home to get the key and all the way back down to work. There were a few complications, but he got it done in about 2 hours. Yeah, back up and running with 2 full cars again!

We got to eat Christmas Eve dinner with my Brother -in- laws family and then we spent the night at home. We woke up and did our Christmas presents with eachother and just took it slow. I OF COURSE had the worst sleep night ever. I'm almost as bad as a child on Christmas Eve night. I swear I woke up every hour, just soo excited for Devin to see his stocking and just start the day! I was one very tired little girl, and I didn't even get a nap that day.
After that we went to My sister Kristene's house for breakfast casserole, (made with bread, eggs, cream of mushroom soup, sausauge, and mushrooms) and to open a few more gifts. Breakfast of course was the BEST Christmas breakfast ever. We have been having it since we were kids. That's one of my favorite traditions.
We then went home and showered and got ready to go to the Parents house. We did our gift exchange there and had a very delicious dinner prepared by Ma and Pa, and it was a huge Prime Rib Roast. The best meat out there. MMMMM MMMMM MMMMM. It was also nice to have Lance and Kristene and the kids there with us. It's such a treat to be able to have any of my siblings at a family gathering! It makes it a little less akward for me anyways.
So we ended the evening leaving Devin's parents house and me driving and getting us stuck in the snow next to a brick wall. One wrong move and mom's car would have been scratched. Well Devin and Pops and Greg pushed me out to safety!! Drove home safe and called it a night! Here are a few pics, very few pics from Christmas, I kinda forgot to take pictures.....

Here is our "family" Christmas photo from Christmas day! The Dog and the 2 cats, now that was a tricky picture to take!Here are the ginormous stockings that we got last year, and boy did we fill them, mine isn't as full because "santa" couldn't make it all the way with the harsh weather that we've been having, they should still be comming shortly!Here is Maui sitting so cute by the tree. I just love this picture!

Here's me and my little baby Maui. I just love her, and I hold her all the time. Don't be fooled she may look like she doesn't want to be there, but just seconds earlier the picture was a little different. She was licking my face like there was not enough peanut butter on there to please her enough!

Well that's about it for the holiday pictures, however, we received a little bit of extra money from Devin's parents and Grandmother, so we decided to do something with it instead of saving it. We put in hard wood floors in our bedroom and the guest room. We can't be happier. It took us about 3 hours per room and we did it in 2 nights. So here they are, let me know that we made the right choice....

Here is the new Guest Bedroom, I could not for the life of me find an old picture of it, but it had tan carpet with stains on it, and for those of you who have seen it or have stayed in it, you can be the judge of that!
Ok, so this is the old room, it had nasty green carpet in there that smelled and had stains on it. Our room basically looks tiny and I hate the green carpet. ewww
So this is the new one with the new floors.I think the room looks and feels a lot bigger and the light reflects off the floor now to make it feel brighter! You can't really tell the color too much, but it's called cherry. It's darker then an Oak, but lighter then a dark cherry. It's beautiful!

4 comments:

Annalisa and Jacob said...

Hey, the floors look great!! Glad to hear you had a good Christmas!

Kelsey said...

You can never go wrong with hardwood.

I can't believe how big Maui is getting!

Christina Johnson said...

Looks great!

Miguel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.