Thursday, January 15, 2009

Without further ADO.....

So I thought it might actually finally be time to make this posting.

So we have been talking about having a baby sometime. I was ready, and Devin wasn't which was fine. I'm a patient person and then one day he gave me the "ok I'm ready." Completely shocked me. I had no idea that was coming. So we talked about it that night, worked out some logistics and decided maybe we could start trying and see what happends. Well that was on December 4th. On Christmas Eve we found out that we are Pregnant. Talk about Fertile Myrtle. So our first appt. is on the 28th of this month and we are so excited. I am 7 weeks along and I'm already starting to feel a little "fat". I'm not sick at all (I've have about 3 days where I was a little iffy with the food, and stuck to mostly water for the day), I feel very tired all the time, and my boobs are crazy soar/sensitive. Other then that just normal me, with more food intake and a lot of apples.
So this is us when we found out that night...Devin told me not to look at the stick and then he wanted to be there to look at it together. So I did the test and left the bathroom. I then went and patiently waited on the couch in the living room. When the 3 minutes were up we started our walk down the hallway into the bathroom. I was so nervous that I made Devin look. I stood in the hallway and watched him. He went in, looked down at the stick, sheepishly looked up at me and got a GINORMOUS grin. Yelled "We're going to have a baby" and then ran at me, picked me up and put me against the wall with a huge fatty kiss. Needless to say I have no worries about Devin not wanting this little baby.
So then we told Maui, and she said.....She didn't say much.

So it took us not long at all to want to tell the world. However, we wanted tell my mom in the person. We had to wait till she came into town to be able to tell her So meanwhile, we took a picture of my belly with a bow on it and wrapped it in a present. I so wish that I could post on here the video of her reaction. It was PRICELESS!!! Anyways, here's the picture...It definitely is the best Christmas Present that we could have ever gotten. We are very excited, and I'm extremely nervous as well. So, baby Trowbridge is in the making!!!

5 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

Yay!!! Devin's reaction was sweet!

Brittany said...

Congrats! You are SO lucky you're not sick. I definitely haven't had as good of luck.

Unknown said...

Congrats you two!!! That is amazing and I cannot wait to meet the little one!

Bronson Clan said...

Congratulations Chelsea! Very exciting. And that was a very cute way to tell your mom. I might have to steal that idea if I get pregnant around Christmas anytime.

Annalisa and Jacob said...

Yea!! We are so excited for you guys! I'm still holding out for twins for you guys! If how awesome you guys are with our kids is any proof, you guys are going to be the best parents EVER!!