Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Vent time...

Baby Appointment vent time....... I'v spent the last day working my self up about this appointment thinking that they would give me an ultra sound, hear the heart beat, something. NOPE. We got to the midwives office, filled out paperwork sat down, waited 15 minutes and then met with this REALLY nice lady who took my weight and made me sign more forms. She then handed me a packet of info and sent me down to blood work. I got my blood taken, and then Devin and I were on our way. THAT WAS IT. No meeting the midwives, no ultra sound, no colesterol tests or blood pressure tests. NOTHING. I'm kind bummed about the whole thing. She said that they don't do ultrasounds till 20 weeks, so I now have to wait 11 more weeks to hear a heart beat and see a little figure. I still feel unpregnant since I have no verification except a pee stick. Oh well, it's definitely going to be a long 11 weeks. grrrr

2 comments:

Brittany said...

They told you no ultrasound til 20 weeks? That's really weird. I thought they had to do ultrasounds in the first trimester to make sure everything is measuring right! When I was pregnant with Kaelyn, I didn't even see a doctor at my first appointment. I talked to a nurse for 10 minutes or so and she gave me a bag of magazines and pamphlets, and that was it. I had an ultrasound at the next visit though. But they should at least let you listen to the baby's heart beat with the doppler thing at your next appointment.

Devin and Chelsey said...

Yeah, I think I'm switching places, I don't know if I can handle waiting till 20 weeks. I need some sort of verification.