Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baby Trowbridge...

So we had our first Ultra sound yesterday and met with the OB and nurse. The baby is growing very well and is looking very healthy, it's measuring at 9 weeks and 3 days, but that might change at the next one. They still didn't give me a defenitive due date yet, they said it's either Sept. 1st or the 6th, we should know more by mid april when we find out the sex and when it's measured again. We also got to hear the heart beat, (when she turned it on and we could hear it, it was soo sweet of Devin, he looked at me and grabbed my arm and got this huge smile on his face, I love how he is soo excited!!!!) It is an extremely strong heart beat at 185/min. They said it's very important to keep it strong like that! My uterus is also looking good, and all in all it was a great appt.

We went over all the family history and wow, I can't beleive how much stuff was writen down on MY side. Devin had not one thing that was writen down. I thought that us Holmes/Sheldons were pretty healthy considering how many of us there are. Well the OB has reccomended that I get some testing done, another Ultra sound at 14-16 weeks to check the skin on the back of the neck (I guess if it's too thin or too thick it's a bad thing), and take my blood to compare it to the other blood I took earlier and check the amounts of everything in it. A little scary but I don't forsee there being any problems with this baby. I think it's more being cautious then anything. So here is the little baby that is growing inside my uterus.... (that's still weird to think about)

The head is on the right side (it's almost the size of it's whole body) with the body being on the left. Ohhh how exciting!!!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

That's the thing about going with an OB (which I did), is they do test after test after test. Neither one of my pregnancies was high risk for anything, but I don't even know how many tests they had done. But I guess it's good to be cautious.

the sheldons said...

Look at that little chunka!!! So cute! We're so excited for you and Devin to be parents. It's the best!!! And that's too cute of how Devin was when you first heart the heartbeat. Honig was the same way. It's one of those moments you'll never forget.

Christina Johnson said...

I had that ultrasound to measure the skin on baby's neck - it's their favorite test in that office! Very accurate in detection, to avoid the worry later with all the false positives that can come with just plain ol' blood tests! (Plus it's another ultrasound o you get to see it again) =)