Monday, February 9, 2009

Fullfilling Weekend

So we had a pretty busy weekend. It started Friday night, we met Lance and Kristene at Azteca for dinner and then we went to Kent Station at saw the movie Taken. Great movie by the way, a little sad but still good. We sat in the 2nd row back in the theater since we were a little late, it was a little hard to see the entire screen, moving your head back and forth, but still a good movie. Saturday morning we got up at 8:30 (because Maui was whinning) and I started painting the nursery again and moving some things around. I got it done, and we even picked up out Lazy Boy chair from Walmart.

We decided to do Crown Molding on the top, and chair railing. We painted the top half a tan/brown color and the bottom is white for now. My plan for the bottom half is for a boy- White, brown and Blue stripes, for a girl- White, brown and Pink stripes. So when Mid April comes, I will be able to finish the paint. But for now you get to see it half done with the big cozy rocking/recliner chair! It's amazing by the way, I already tried to take a nap in it on Saturday afternoon.

Saturday evening we got to go out to dinner with our friends Jon and Mellissa. We have on occasion helped them with remodeling there Giant house, and as a thank you they took us to the melting pot for dinner. Devin and I had never been, so we were excited to go!!!


Here they are enjoying the meal together.

And then us having a good time too. The meal was different then I expected, I thought the whole thing was going to be cheese, but in fact it was different, and it was some VERY good food!!! Thank you to both of them for a special night out!!!

Sunday... I decided that I wanted to get some of my garden cleaned up from all the plants that have died from all the lack of sun and snow that we had. Got me going and it even got Devin motivated as well. I got it all cleaned out and weeded, and I got devin to mow for me, and together we got that yard looking spectacular again. YEah for us!!! We got a call from Dev's Parents and they invited us up for Salmon dinner. We hadn't been there in such a while so we wanted to go up there. We had a great meal and a great time, and even watched some of the grammy's before we took off to go home to bed. It was a busy weekend, but all in all we feel pretty accomplished!!!

1 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

Wow! I'm impressed, take that energy and use it while you have it!! The room looks great!