Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Devin's b-day



So Happy Birthday Devin, YESTERDAY. He tunred a wonderful 25. I wanted to get him an ice cream cake, (mostly because I love them) but he said he wanted a plane white cake with chocolate frosting. Well that's a little boring for me to just make a flat sheet cake with some frosting.... So I thought I would get a little creative..... (I don't bake, I can cook with the best of them, but baking isn't so good for me, it always turns out a little off, well this time was no different. I baked the 2 cakes and I got one turned upside down and out of the pan, and when I went to take the big one out of the pan, half of it came out as the bottom half stayed in the pan. Oh stupid. UGH) Back to my creative side, my gramma used to make us these birthday theme cakes, like butterfly's, bunny's, cars, etc. So I wanted to make something great! I then Googled Children's birthday cakes. I found a Monster Truck one that looked for the most part pretty easy. So I went down to the store and bought all the goodies. I made the cake part on Monday night and then I left work early on Tuesday.
Tuesday. Devin had a CRAPPY day at work so he was in the biggest funk in the work. So sad considering it was his b-day. I got home about an hour before he did and worked on his cake. I started with the frosting and UGH, the frosting didn't want to stick to the cake since the cake was crumbly. So I had to use my fingers to get it to stick to the cake, and then I cut out extra cake to use for "ramps" and had to cover them in frosting. After that I had to make my "track" out of twizzlers that I pulled apart. I then took the oreo crust pie and crumbled that up and put that on there for the "dirt". Then I added the cars and the monster trucks. I stood back, and all I could do was LAUGH, and LAUGH. I was pretty impressed with what I created. So all in all it turned out well and the cake tasted just fine from what I heard. So here are some pictures for the night!

1 comments:

Annalisa and Jacob said...

Happy Late Birthday Devin!! I am bummed we missed it. I think that was the day Malynn was still in the hospital though. Bummer. Good job on the cake bye the way! It looked good!